dan & alex

Monday, April 25, 2011

Marriaged life.

 We are MARRIED!!! 
So we have now been married for 3 almost 4 months but i thought i might give a brief update starting from way back then. I already know I am bad I mean really bad at this blogging thing but I want to be good maybe that counts for something. Now that I am all done with school (yes, all done...I'll get to that later) I just might have some time to focus to getting this blog up and running with post more often then every 3 months.Soooooo We got married on December 31, 2010 what an amazing day. The day was filled with so much love, joy and pure happiness that i wish i could go back to it all the time. The day itself was a freezing cold snowy day...Dan and I were hardly affect by it.
 I think it was just because we were so excited to be together for all eternity.Our poor families had to wait for us in the freezingness as the temple was running a little behind. Not our faults:) There were a few brides with complications and also some translation issues that kept us. I was fine with it, i could have stayed in there with my new husband for ever! After just a few snap shots of all our friends and family we hurried over to Rodizo Grill for some amazing food! Deeelish! A few hours later we went to Alpine where our reception was being held. I got to walk in and see a beautiful set up that was just done
 ...no worrying went on in my mind the day of or setting up the night before, it was just done!!! What a relief! I was able to just have fun and not stress about the small things. It was all perfect. So beautiful and fun everyone said...Dan and I really are not sure what went on at the reception for it was all a blur. We walked out of there so confused that it had already been 2 hours of talking to people and hanging out. It was a perfect night. We were excited to start the new year off with each other! How nice is it knowing that we will never have to say goodbye again!! Thank goodness...i couldn't have spent one more second with out this guy! He is really to good to be true!!!! 
Off to our relaxing get away in HAWAII! Oh so fun...walking out of our hotel right to the beach were we could lay out, read, talk, build sand castles (subdivision more like it) and soak up the amazing Hawaiian sun. We loved every second of it...oh wait i take that back. There were a few hours where Dan thought i was taken or drowned in the ocean and that sent him on a little emotional roller coaster that was pretty traumatic for him...haha..its pretty funny to look back on it.(i don't know if he thinks so yet). 
 We had so much fun out there all 8 days filled with some sort of adventure even if it was just sitting around doing nothing with each other. Dan is the best vacation partner ever.I cant wait to one day go back to paradise with him!

It was a sad day when we had to come back to reality. Thankfully we had our cute new home to come back to which made it not so horrible. Actually very pleasant knowing that i would still get to be with Dan all the time.
Dan went back to work and I back to work and school for that one last math class blahh. Dan says, "we do the things we have to so that we can do the things we want to." I had to keep telling myself that to get me through this math class and to know that, yes my husband has to go to work and cant just stay with me all day crafting or what not. haha I have really enjoyed making this house our very own. I am getting the hang of crafting so our house can not look so empty. I love doing what i can to make sure Dan gets to come home to a nice neat house that he doesn't have to worry about cleaning when he has just got done with a full day of hard hard work. He is always so grateful...it makes it worth it.
Since being married we have been on a few little trips that have been a blast. We fist got to go to Lava Hot Springs with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins and their adorable kids. All the kids just flocked to Dan. They loved playing with him in the springs. I don't think they stopped jumping to him, splashing him and begging for surfer rides on his back both days that we were there.He is such a big kid, has so much energy that he also loved getting to play with all the little rugrats. It was Dans first time to Lava and it was perfect. It was cold cold cold outside, snowing and snow covering the ground and then hot hot hot in the pots!! We cant wait to go back! On the way back we hit up Smith And Edwards Country Boy Store, another first for Dan. (he had no clue what he had been missing out on haha good thing he married me!) We loaded up on treats and jerky and continued on home. Fabulous vacation with the hubby!
We also went to Nevada to visit his parents. His moms birthday is in March so he goes down every year to spend it with her. He also speaks to a few classes at his old high school each year. Dan loves speaking so much, he does a little motivational speech type thing to the students in his old shop teachers classes. The kids just idol him. They think he is the most amazing guy ever ( i happen to know that he is the most amazing guy ever). He hopes to one day be a professional motivational speaker...he is so good with his words i can totally see this happening. We took his mom shopping for her birthday to get her what ever she wanted and she chose running shoes for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row. Man i wish i used my running shoes enough to need a new pair every year. Ha i don't need a new pair ever...wait a minute i don't even have a pair of running shoes. I guess that's why i don't run haha. Nevada was a great trip, warm and relaxing!!
So as of late we have been just doing our thing. Me school and work, him WORK (all caps cuz my work cant be compared to his work, he is the hardest worker i know). I am actually officially done with school took my final on Saturday morning cross your fingers that i passed that math class. It was my very last class to graduate! I will be graduating on April 29th...if i passed. hahaha i think i will just walk even if i fail and no body will ever know the difference. Yeah so they didn't say my name who cares i will run across and consider it good!!
Well that was a long post i apologize but that's what you get when its been almost 4 months. I will be better i promise. Cant wait to get some pictures up form Easter weekend and write all about them!!!




2 comments:

  1. Al you are so stinking cute!!! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so happy that I can now followyour blog so I can stay connected with what's going on in your life! :D And can I just say that those shoes in your header's picture? ADORABLE! I love the 20's style and the matchy matchy with his shoes! Like, a lot!!

    ReplyDelete